SmartGrid Canada is a national association of public and private organizations including utilities, vendors, technology and service providers, academics and other industry leaders.
Together, the members of SmartGrid Canada are united by a passion and dedication to building a more innovative, reliable and cost-effective electricity delivery system for the benefit of all Canadians:
- A system where the power they receive comes from diverse, renewable resources, and a system where people have the ability to make smarter choices about how they use and conserve that power — a system that lays the foundation for a 21st century economy.
Areas of Focus
At SmartGrid Canada, we are connecting Canadians to better electricity use by:
- Educating and building awareness of the need for and benefits of a modern, smarter electricity system – from energy providers to consumers
- Advocating for energy policies that support the development of smart grid technologies in Canada and abroad
- Fostering the research, development and deployment of new and innovative energy technologies and products
- Supporting and helping to build the future Canadian smart grid workforce
- Enabling the distribution of clean energy through the integration of renewable resources
- Marketing and promoting Canadian smart grid expertise internationally.
Smart Grid Canada:
- Was formed in 2010
- Has 15 founding members.