EDSO for Smart Grids is an International association representing the European Distribution System Operators for electricity cooperating to bring Smart Grids from vision to reality.
To promote the reliability of electricity distribution grids, as well as the optimal management and technical development to ensure the European energy goals of security of supply, sustainability and market efficiency.
EDSO for smart grids aims to be the key reference point in the coordination of all European DSOs efforts.
- Was formed in Spring of 2010
- Has 15 founding members
- Cez Distribuce (Czech Republic),
- Eandis (Belgium),
- Edp Distribuicao-Energia (Portugal),
- Endesa Red (Spain),
- Enel Distribuzione (Italy),
- Enexis (Netherlands),
- Erdf (France),
- Evn (Austria),
- Iberdrola Distribucion Electrica (Spain),
- Ores (Belgium), and
- Union Fenosa Distribucion-Gas Natural Fenosa (Spain).
- As of December 2011, EDSO has 27 members, representing 70 per cent of the EU electricity customers.
For More Information, Contact:
EDSO for Smart Grids
Rue Science 14B, 1040 Brussels, Belgium (Metro station Arts – Loi)
Phone: 0032 (0)2 2110229